Coming at you this week-
- 2014 trail season kicks of with the return of the classic “Croesus Crossing“. In the past this has been a Nelson Events race, but last year they dropped it, but it is back, renamed “The Goat Race” (sounds familiar, I know) and run in conjunction with the “Mountain Man” race. What ever name it i snow going by- it is an epic little mountain running race and it is great to see it is back. Local lad, and winner of the 2013 Nasbey 50km, Ben Aynsley will be lining up. If he is rocking his BCR visor there is no doubt he will be the coolest kid on the start line and I expect him to be in the mix at the front of the field also (we have not see a start list). Ben being the nice guy he is has already promised us a race report and an update on Saturday!
- Hutt River Trail Events- sorry- have not had a chance to look into this one much. The 60km looks like a great race and have heard lots of great feed back- if anyone can, please post in comments some details!
- Further a feild the Ultra Trail World Tour kicks off with the Hong Kong 100km. A stacked field will be lining up, including kiwi’s Vajin Armstrong, Scott Hawker (Perth based) and Shannon-Leigh Litt. Look out for an interview with these 3 later in the week.
Coming up over the next month or so (and I think it is not to late to enter!)
- Tussock Travers 26km (and Reverse)
- Jumbo Holdsworth 24km
- The James Stampede Ultra 50km
- Big Easy Mountain Marathon (which will double as the BCR AGM)
Pretty much all the above events have shorter and/or walk options. If anyone out there is running in one of the above races and wants to do a pre or post race report fro BCR that would be great!